We would like to search for an R programmer with good statistical knowledge, some modeling/modeling diagnostic experience, statistical research experience to develop the programs and consult on model for our academic statistical research on hedge funds. We would be analyzing the influencing factors that affect the performance, risk, and life cycle(hazard rate) of hedge funds using regression analysis (including multivariate regression, time series regression, Cox regression) and difference between mean test. Factors such as fund internal/external governance and regulations variables. The position’s responsibilities and qualifications are described below.
Work Period: Immediately to 2-5 weeks
Pay: Total project pay is determined by your availability and hourly rate. We would do flat rate only for the entire project (the budget amount would not be a good reference because it depends on the freelancer).
1. Programming/model implementation/data processing (main responsibility): programming in R to code our models and variables, data processing, and various other programming, data, statistics related tasks.
2. Modeling and model diagnostic: Consult on modeling design given what we are looking to do and the data, methodology or model diagnostic procedure that we should use to make sure our models/analysis are very robust and analyze what we should do, model parameters are specified to our analysis, and properly adjusted for factors that may affect our model/results - (such as to avoid multicollinearity, endogeneity, Heteroscedasticity, biase, distribution assumptions), and diagnose model and implement treatment accordingly.
3. Models implementation: Replicating or applying models and procedures from reference papers to our research
4. Description of procedures: Provide detailed and technical description of the methodology used models and implementation
1. Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD’s degree in Statistics that used R significantly
2. Minimum 5 years of experience implementing programming using R (must), preferably statistical models
3. Knowledgeable and years of experiences in basic and advanced statistical modeling, including many of the below statistical analysis methods, models, procedures
• Regression analysis
o cross-sectional regression (t-statistic, chi square-statistic, F-statistic)
o logistics regression (regular and conditional logit model)
o Time series regression
o Multivariate regression
o Cox proportional hazard model (z-statistic) used for survival analysis
• Difference of the Mean Test(t-statistic) (a must)
• Portfolio sorting
4. Some experience in academic research would be preferred
5. Very good English communications skills in oral and writing
6. Have experience in applying statistical methodologies procedures to ensure robustness (such as to avoid multicollinearity, endogeneity, Heteroscedasticity, biases) (having experience in model diagnostic procedures such as Newey-West, VIF, White Test is a major plus)
7. Weekly availability to be at least 30 hours from now to 10/23, prefer 40-60 hours/weekly availability
Do you have a Barchelor’s, Master’s, or Statistics degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or closely related field? (please send a CV or resume with your application)
Number of years for R experience? and approximately how often have you used R those years (such as 30 hours/w)? Could you describe your R usage? Please include a more detailed description for the statistical programming usage
Could you describe the extent of your statistical modeling experience? Please specify which models that you have had many years of working experience or academic research experience with
What is your weekly available hours that can dedicate to this work project up to 10/23?
Could you send us a sample of a R script that you have written to allow us to evaluate your skill level?
19 freelancers are bidding on average $1190 for this job
I am an assistant professor of statistics at IMA, India and I mostly work with R studio and Matlab. I do 4-5 dissertation work for my clients every year. I can surely help you. Relevant Skills and Experience Have been Daha Fazla
Hello Sir, I have read your project requirement and i can deliver your project with 100% quality . please give me chance to work on your job. Relevant Skills and Experience I have more than 7 years of experience in D Daha Fazla
I'm an Engineer in Statistics and Applied Economics, i've got many skills and expertise that will allow me achieving perfectly all the projects and assignments because my priority is your satisfaction I am a master of Daha Fazla
I have a strong background of theoretical statistics and probability theory.I graduated from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 2016. I am currently enrolled in integrated PhD in mathematics. I have experien Daha Fazla
Hi I am a very experienced statistician and academic writer. I have completed several PhD level thesis projects involving advanced statistical analysis of data. Relevant Skills and Experience I have worked with data f Daha Fazla
I will provide perfect work and a Running R code, dicuss the detail about the project after Relevant Skills and Experience I'm a data scientist certified in the R programming language, I'm an engineer in statistics an Daha Fazla
We are an analytics consulting firm based in Mumbai. We will have an analyst and a lead assigned to the project and the delivery shall go through 2 step reviews. [url removed, login to view] Relevant Skills and Experience 6 Daha Fazla
Dear I am a staistician and master in mathematical statistics. I am sure I can do it. Relevant Skills and Experience R programming Proposed Milestones $800 USD - can be discussed we can discuss in more details over Daha Fazla
Hello, I have been working with data manipulation and treatment using computational tools such as R (with a focus on statistical analysis). Using these methods your task can be performed successfully. Relevant Skills Daha Fazla
I am statistician with Ph.D. on time series topic. I have experience on R and very handy on it. I have my own plans too on every project. Relevant Skills and Experience R Studio, Time Series Proposed Milestones $100 Daha Fazla
I am a biostatistician with statistical programming skills (SAS/R/SPSS/Stata) and have published several articles (IF is above 20). Relevant Skills and Experience data management, analysis, programming Proposed Miles Daha Fazla
I am expert in Data Processing, R Programming Language, Statistics . I have 7 years+ experience in Data Processing, R Programming Language, Statistics screen scraping . Relevant Skills and Experience I have big amo Daha Fazla
I have completed [url removed, login to view] in Information Technology, Working in the IT industry more than 6 years, and having experience in statistical modeling using R programming. Relevant Skills and Experience I have done certificat Daha Fazla
* Don't pay any advance. Just create milestones * 5 work updates a week * Daily communication * 1 Year support Relevant Skills and Experience * Don't pay any advance. Just create milestones * 5 work updates a week * Daha Fazla