I'm looking for someone who can help format a .odt file in LibreOffice Writer.
I'm creating a book which is itself a compilation of notes from ~ 20 different books. Each set of notes is ~ 5-10 pages long, so the final product will probably be a couple hundred pages long.
I already have the notes all typed out (in .docx file format), but the texts within the documents are in different formats and styles. What I need you to do is paste all these notes into one single document and standardize the styles of all the different notes. The end deliverable that you will send me will be a single .odt file containing all the stylized text.
I have attached some sample files to give you an idea of what I need to have done. Each of the "[login to view URL]" files have been added into a single file ("[login to view URL]") and formatted properly.
The main objective of this project is to use LibreOffice Writer Styles, and to standardize all the different notes to have the same Styles assigned to them. There are many small differences between all the different notes files; I need you to make them all the same.
A few notes on the styles:
* Style blocks should have no blank lines between them.
* Styles will include things like: Book title, Book author, Book description, Paragraph, Ordered List, Unordered List, and a few others.
* If one of the notes documents is just one giant unordered list, you should convert each item in the list to a new paragraph. Also, add a period at the end of the sentence/paragraph if there is not one there.
* A lot of the text is highlighted. You should convert these highlights to "Character Style" that goes on top of the Paragraph Styles. (There are only two types of highlighting: Yellow and Blue).
* (There shouldn't be too many images, but if they are there, copy them over too into the compilation)
* (The "Book Title" style should somehow also be a "Heading", so that in the navigation pane of LibreOfficeWriter, it shows up in the Headings hierarchy)
I don't need for you to pick fonts and make it look good. The goal of this project is just to standardize the styles of the texts of all these different documents, so that when I do edit the styles myself, I can simply change "Paragraph" style, and it affects all the paragraphs in the entire compilation.
Qualifications: It would be best if you already have experience formatting text in LibreOffice Writer. You should also speak English well.
Please don't send me a chat message about this project. If you are selected for the project, I will reach out to you.
After awarding you the contract, I'll send 3 different sets of book notes to you for you to add to the compilation so that we can make sure you're doing it right. Then I'll send over the rest of the files and you can complete the rest of them. After I give you the go-ahead to finish the project, I'd like to have it completed within 5 business days.
Budget: $30 - $60
Bu iş için 8 freelancer ortalamada $66 teklif veriyor
Hello. I have been using libreoffice writer for over a decade. I also used openoffice before that. I am a writer and researcher for a NGO, a customer support agent, and an accountant.