Reports to : Dean
Department : Academics
School : All discipline
Location : Remote
Date Posted : April, 24, 2013.
Date Closing : Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:-
An Online International University adjunct faculty are responsible for ensuring that students meet all learning objectives and successfully complete their course as outlined in the syllabus and that they receive appropriate and timely feedback and assessments throughout the course. Additionally, they will track, monitor, advise, and openly discuss course matters with students as needed throughout the course.
Academic Responsibilities and Essential Functions:-
1. Minimum 2 years Online teaching experience or completion of an online teaching certification process.
2. Deliver online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
3. Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom forums.
4. Be a faculty leader in your classes embracing fully the Community of Inquiry Framework of Teaching Presence, Cognitive Presence, and Social Presence.
5. Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers within 2 business days set forth by university policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
6. Comply with university guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
7. Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, questions, comment, etc. at least every other day, including one day during the weekend.
8. Remain aware of classroom procedures and use of instructional materials.
9. Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills.
10. Minimum earned Master’s degree and preferred in PhD in respective discipline
1. Adaptability/Flexibility — Open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
2. Communication – Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking in English and/or other language so others will understand.
3. Cooperation – Pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
4. Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
5. Education — Knowledge of principles and methods for teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the assessment measures.
6. Initiative – Willing and able to take on responsibilities and challenges.
7. Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
8. Monitoring — Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action.
9. Self-Control – Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
10. Stress Tolerance —Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
1. Word processing software—Google Mail, Microsoft Word or equivalent
2. E-mail software–Microsoft Outlook or equivalent
3. Course management system—University system
4. Presentation software—Microsoft PowerPoint or equivalent
5. Spreadsheet software—Microsoft Excel or equivalent
Part-Time and on student case basis.
Our Online University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
13 freelancers are bidding on average $181 for this job
I have a MS in Library and Information Science, which I completed entirely online. I am very familiar with teaching and learning in an online environment. I am most qualified to teach English and Writing. My undergradu Daha Fazla
I'm an English teacher and I'm most interested in this project. I'm sending you a PM with more information about me. Thanks, Tina.
Hi i'm an online economics tutor from [url removed, login to view] very interested in your project!
Hi. Im clinical psychologist and interested in psychology related subjects.
I am Ph.D scholar and completed my research. I have 03 years of online teaching experience and have my own project ESci Virtual College.
hi there, I am interested in Biology and chemistry.. Biology until college level and chemistry till high school level,
Dear Hiring Manager, I'm a Civil Engineer with experience in water resources planning, urban drainage, disaster management, hydraulic structures, logo designing, official management, and technical report writings. I'm Daha Fazla
I have a MA in Education with 6 years teaching experience. I also create online learning and have attended online post graduate courses. I have extensive hands-on experience in teaching, creating assessments, working Daha Fazla
Hello there, I would like to know more details about the application process.
I'm experienced teacher in ICT with Masters qualification.
Hello, I am Hardik Shah, working as an Asst Mgr in Pharmaceutical company in one of the reputed pharma in India as a Training Manager. Pharamcology (Biology) is the most interesting subject to me. Pls check your PM.