Goal: To investigate the feasibility of installing wind turbine in North West Indiana
1. Obtain the wind data for last 3 years and use the proper statistical model to demonstrate the wind distribution.
2. Based on the obtained data from step 1 determine the wind tower height.
3. Determine the turbine type.
4. Based on the calculated cost for tower, wind turbine, generator and control system, determine the cost per kilowatt hour.
5. Compare the cost obtained in step 4 with the cost of energy with local utility company.
6. Draw a conclusion.
7. Provide all references where the above data and material collected.