Scope of work:
Looking for a talented engineer who previously worked on long line 1-wire networks. Engineer must be able to conduct research and provide literature as proof of operation. Work must provide a simple solution on the best method to run reliable 1-wire devices. Looking for complete solution must be ready for production.
- 50 DS18B20 sensors, with 6" lead with RJ45 jack.
- Wired in daisy chain
- Cable Type: Cat5e solid copper, shielded with drain wire
- Cable Length: 500 meters
- Weight: 50 DS18B20 sensors
- Working Environment: Cat5e cable network to be installed in buildings with electrical noise from wiring installed by flourescent lighting, radio equipment, motors, computers, electronics, etc. So network need to work in this electrically noisy environment.
- Engineer needs to conduct research on best way to run long wire network as in notes section.
- From Maxim (Dallas) Running long line 1-wire network [url removed, login to view]
PS. Need to mention this solution provided should be easily replicated at a low cost.
- Wired in daisy chain aka Linear topology. The 1-Wire bus is a single pair, starting from the master and extending to the farthest slave device. Other slaves are attached to the 1-Wire bus with insignificant (< 3m) branches or "stubs."
- DS18B20 must communicate with master Arduino Mega ADK (atmega 2560 micro). Arduino Link: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardADK