The estimating department is responsible for producing project-specific construction estimates based on written and/or oral instructions from our clients.
Your role in this process will be as follows:
• The primary responsibility to develop accurate and timely electrical construction estimates on which we base competitive bids and proposals for our client-base of General Contractors, Owners, and Developers.
• Analyze and interpret detailed drawings and specifications.
• Determine and price value-engineered alternatives to plans and specifications.
• Draft scope letters, proposals and vendor solicitations.
• Work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed and calm manner.
Additional Essential Functions:
• Additional duties as assigned by management Minimum Requirements:
• A high school diploma or GED is required, but a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar studies is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of electrical estimating experience on commercial and industrial projects.
• Knowledge and proficiency with Code requirements and basic electrical engineering calculations; Voltage-drop, Ohm’s law, conduit-fill, wire ampacity, de-rating, etc.
• Extensive experience with Excel, Word and one of the major computerized estimating programs (e.g., ConEst, Accubid, McCormick, etc.).
• Analytical, problem-solving mentality