Conduct a comprehensive study about web-based email implementation in gmail. Optionally, you may use sniffer like wireshark or your choice to analyze the communication traffic: you are required to back up your findings with supporting evidence.
1. Review full headers of a sample email message you received in your gmail account (create one if you don't have one already): starting upward from the line right on top of the email message body, identify all components, from the sender's info, hop-by-hop, to your inbox (the destination);
2. Outline the process when you enter an URL in your web browser to connect to [url removed, login to view], which including but not limited to, how DNS works in the background to get you to the destination; how the HTTP url is directed to HTTPs prior to authentication taking place; how the 3-way handshake process played out in this case; OPTIONAL: roles of digit certificate(s) & cookies; security and privacy issues involved;
3. What happened immediately in the background after you enter your credentials; what info is encrypted; OPTIONAL: what authentication mechanism is behind gmail's sign-in process;
4. Based upon your understanding of the responsibilities of each layer in OSI model, give a high level description about, in the above received sample email message, what happened at both the sender and you as recipient ends, from layer to layer.
5. Roles of SMTP, IMAP, FTP(s), MIME, ENCODING or other technologies involved in composing, sending and receiving an email message, uploading or downloading an attachment; OPTIONAL: how antivirus wo! rks prior to downloading your attachment;
Write a project report to present your findings, including support evidences (such as highlighted contents of packets captured, screen shots, diagrams and charts); along with plain English description; summarize with some conclusions in answering the above questions accordingly.
a). It is acceptable to conduct your research and quote journal articles with supporting evidence but you SHOULD indicate the author(s) of your source, title, publisher and date, along with page numbers.
b). NO content from BLOGS, Forums
Bu iş için 3 freelancer ortalamada $450 teklif veriyor
Its a great pleasure of mine to bid over here. I have done many technical task.I would love to start right away and can assure excellent results/quality along with timely submission of the same. You can consider this w Daha Fazla
Hi, I am professional and experienced to do this project. I have a very good telecommunication background: I graduated from a top technical university in China, and have worked for a worldwide known telecommunication c Daha Fazla