You need to submit the Sysmac studio file (smc2 file) and your report file (pdf file) Budget AUD$33,
Whether your program performs the required tasks (most important).
• How well your program is written.
• How easy to follow your ladder diagram is.
• How well your report is written and presented.
The major assignment includes two parts, a PLC program and a report:
• PLC program (80%)
• Report ( 20%)
The program needs to achieve these functionalities below:
1. Program the PLC to execute the attached Step Action Diagram.
2. When the program is first downloaded, the machine should wait for the green
button to be pressed.
3. Once the green button is pressed, the machine should start from step number 1
and then proceed through steps 2,3,4,etc.
4. Make the program cycle through repeatedly, with a 1-second pause between each
5. If the black button is pressed and released while the machine is running, the
machine winds down to stop at the end of the cycle.
6. If the red button is pressed while the machine is running or winding down,
the machine undergoes an emergency stop at the end of the current step.
7. If the yellow button is pressed during an emergency stop, as it is released the
machine gets reset and any extended cylinders are retracted in the order:
8. After being reset or wound down as described above (in points 7 and 5), if the
green button is pressed, the machine restarts from step number 1, and behaves
as described in point 3.
9. If the green button is pressed during an emergency stop, the machine returns
to the mode it was in when the emergency stop was activated and resumes from
the step it was up to.
10. Any button or combination of buttons not assigned a function, must do
nothing if pressed.
11. If on the most recent occasion that the green button was used to start the
machine from step 1, a double click (A double click is defined as the button
being pressed twice in 0.5 seconds) was used rather than a single click; steps 6,
7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 are repeated twice during every cycle.
12. This continues until the machine is next restarted from step 1, as described in
points 3 and 8.
13. During the repeating steps operation, the buttons all function as described for
regular running, as described in points 3-10.
The report should include the following features:
• A description of what your program does.
• A print-out of your ladder diagram.
• A table listing each input bit, output bit and internal relay bit, and what they
are used for.
• A step action diagram as described in the lectures. Showing:
o the PLC inputs,
o the PLC outputs,
o the essential inputs, and
o the bit details corresponding to each step.
• A mode table, as attached