• You have studied Decision Support Systems e.g. Mortgage DSS.
• You are now required to create your own original user-friendly project/application in Excel.
• It will be a solution (front and back office) to a clearly defined problem or process.
• This can be personal, work, business or community organisation based.
• Upload your word proposal using the template given and sign the disclaimer!
• The project will be in two parts:
Part 1 80 marks
Excel 2016 - Requirements
Use appropriate formulas and tools to implement your DSS. You will choose some but not all from the following palette of items covered in class to achieve your outcome:
1. Formulas from:
a) Financial (NPV, IRR….)
o Do not use the PMT formula as it was the class case study!!!
o Ditto re: Invoice
b) Database (DSUM, DMIN….)
c) Lookup & Reference (INDEX, LOOKUP, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP….)
d) Logical (IF, AND, OR, FALSE….)
e) Statistical (AVERAGE, STDEV, MEDIAN….)
3. Developer Form controls e.g. drop down boxes (combo), option buttons…
4. Data Validation
5. Pivot tables and charts
6. Power Pivot, Power View, Power Map modules and Power BI website
a) Multiple Tables
b) Further chart options
c) Interactive 3D maps
7. Printing and any other macros attached to button(s)
a. Other macros e.g. menu, sort
8. Spreadsheets to be:
a. Fully tested
c. Protected where appropriate
d. Presented well with logos, pictures and a house style
Part 2 20 marks
Word 2013 – Documentation
1. Rationale - an outline as to the problem and the proposed solution
2. User training manual incorporating test data – walk through
3. Functional description. - a step by step description of the various procedures used in creating the spreadsheet to include:
i. A printout of spreadsheet layout.
ii. Developer tab buttons if used.
iii. A table containing all the formulae used.
iv. A description and explanation of each formula and cell range
v. The date they were tested on.
vi. Use of the auditing toolbar.
vii. Macros created.
viii. Data validation if used.
ix. Pivot table and Graph creation if used.
5. Sources and References
only need a basic app with formulas. if you could use a premier league soccer team or rugby just preferably a sporting app.