I am looking for a Flash programmer to work with me in developing a number of visual novels in Actionscript. If you are not sure what a visual novel is, here is the Wikipedia page: [url removed, login to view]
In the programming, you will put the graphic assets together in Flash (background and character(s)) and make simple actions:
- a text box at the bottom to put the character's speech
- a continue button for speech to continue the speech, if it is longer
- making the character's image change according to emotion in the speech
- making the character bounce slightly to imply animation
- fading between scenes
- "BEGIN" button for the very beginning of the application
- "Watch Again" button for the end of the application
During each individual project, you will be given a script that indicates what the programming should do. For instance, a script indicting which characters enter and which image to show, the dialogue, the background change, etc. If you have the ability to do transitions between scenes (like fade to black) that would be great.
Ideally you would make the visual novel easily editable for you so that we can continue to use the same "framework" to make multiple videos.
Please let me know how much you would charge for the "initial" visual novel, and then future visual novels based off the first framework.