We are looking for a quality retoucher to help clean up and prepare bulk images for possible commercial/microstock sale. Since some of these images may have significant lighting, exposure and color issues bidders should be skilled at solving such issues and producing good results.
This initial batch will be for 100 images, but if we like your work there is possibility for ongoing.
We will consider professionals, students, serious hobbyists and photography buffs (provided your skills are good)
- Images will be provided as uncompressed Canon RAW or TIFF image files.
- You will need to deliver the images as 8-Bit, uncompressed TIFFs saved at 100% quality.
- Our images are mainly intended for illustrative use on websites, blogs, etc.
- Most images are shot in a studio on a white or neutral gray background
- All of our images depict people (mostly kids and teens)
- Typical subject matter: technology use, education, social issues, sports/exercise, beauty/style
- You agree we will retain full copyright to all retouched images.
- All transfers will be made by FTP
- Based on our experience the average image takes about 10 minutes to prepare
Must have items:
- A recent version of Photoshop
- A powerful computer able to handle image files up to 100 MB each!
- A fast internet connection (NO dialup or DSL!!)
Strongly recommended items:
- The latest copy of Canon, Digital Photo Professional (DPP) for working natively with Canon RAW images.
Example workflow (RAW images):
1 - Perform basic corrections on Canon RAW images using Canon, DPP (We strongly recommend you do not try to edit Canon RAW images directly in Photoshop or color quality will be lost!)
2 - Export images from DPP as 100%-quality, 16-Bit TIFFs
3 - Open 16-Bit TIFFs in Photoshop for any needed touch ups and clean up
4 - Save final work as 100%-quality, uncompressed 8-Bit TIFFs
Services to perform if needed:
- white balance
- brightness/contrast correction
- color correct/enhancement
- blemish removal
- scar removal
- tattoo removal
- cuts/bruise removal
- body piercings/jewelry (except ears)
- eye enhancement (whitening)
- lip repair
- teeth whitening
- cleanup image (remove spots)
- trademark/copyrighted item removal
- convert surrounding background to pure white
- other items (as directed)
The retouched images should be of quality suitable for commercial sale or microstock use. Keep in mind we are looking for a very NATURAL look NOT Photoshop glamour! Retouched skin, eyes, teeth, etc... should have a very natural appearance.
(Please see attached retouching samples for before and after examples of quality we are looking for.)
Services WE DO NOT want performed:
- Image resizing or cropping
- Sharpening of any kind
- Body distortions/manipulations
- Usage of any noise filter
Preferred Experience (the following experience is considered a plus):
- Retouching images for stock or microstock sale
- Retouching images of commercial models
- Retouching images of kids and teens
- Retouching images isolated on a white background
- Retouching images with problematic lighting, exposure and color
Benefits other than pay:
We may allow you to include certain images in your portfolio with our prior approval.
Please include the following with your response:
- Your long-term availability, experience, editing tools, internet connection, and languages you speak (required)
- Your motivations for applying (Reasons you would like to be an ongoing freelance retoucher for us.) (optional - but recommended)
- A link to your full-size, retouched version of our "test image" (please download link below)
Retouching Samples: (see before and after images showing quality we are looking for)
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
"Test Image" Download: (please retouch this image and include link with your response)
[url removed, login to view]
Thank you and good luck!
Keywords: retouch, retouching, photo editing, photography
We are receiving many responses from people not bothering to follow the instructions we provided or submitting our test image for evaluation. To put it bluntly, we do not care how good your portfolio is or what large clients you may have worked for, we care about what skills you can DEMONSTRATE with OUR FILES. Today it is a simple matter to acquire someone elses work and claim it as your own. Therefore, those that cannot be bothered to follow our fairly simple response procedure have zero chance of working on our projects.
Sorry for the harsh tone but we are getting tired of the "copy" and "paste" applicants.
60 freelancers are bidding on average $156 for this job
Hello sir, Im ready to start.I will work until you get 101% [url removed, login to view] refer to the PMB for further details
Hi! I am really interested in taking up the project. Please view my PM for details. Thanks
we surely can help u with this. DONE SIMILAR WORK. pls check PMB. Escrow Payment is required. Regards Archana (Aught Bit Technologies)
Very much interested in this [url removed, login to view] similar work experience for established Photographer in Fashion and Weddings. SAMPLES in PM. Rgds.
Hi, I'm Mart from Argentina. I'm a professional photo-retoucher and I do high-end retouching for North America and Europe. Please, check your PM for more details and portfolio. Kindest Regards, Mart :)
Long time print pro with magazine cover retouching experience. No nonsense provider with professional demeanor and old school work ethic.
I am Grafic Designer I would like to work with you You can check my quality in reviews field https://www.freelancer.com/users/feedback_1380760.html
we are interested in your project. plz see your inbox for details. THX:)
Hi, Here's your test image [url removed, login to view] (tif is mac format - let me know if you need PC format) Sounds like a fun project! I have a MacBook Pro w/ Photoshop CS5 and Camera Ra Daha Fazla
As the battle continues....Canon vs Nikon. I actually use a Nikon D90 and shoot in Raw. Very familiar with the way Photoshop handles them and making sure everything is up to date as to view them in their Raw format in Daha Fazla
Hello! I can do it for just 2-3 days, my bid is 1 dollar per picture(so for 100 usd /100 pictures). I'm a professional photographer using Nikon D80, so as a graphic artist I'm so familiar in post processing of images.I Daha Fazla