Sample: [url removed, login to view]
We are developing something similar to the above example but have some different requirements.
We have a number of images in a sequence. The images are of an object and moving from frame to frame will simulate rotating the object in 3D (one axis only).
It will need to be developed so it is widely accessible to website visitors (let's assume Flash) and allow the visitor to "rotate" the model using a keyboard or mouse. Also open to any proposals in Unity3D, etc.
- Load all images within a directory, based on an XML file. The order of the animation will be based on the alphabetical filenames of the images.
- The XML file will be different for each animation AND have the option of changing the model without having to reload the SWF
- The directory may contain any number of images, but there will always be more than 1 (of course)
- Images may be PNG or JPG files. PNG files need to maintain transparency.
- The left and right arrow keys OR the mouse can be used to move between images.
- Background (or scene?) of the SWF file can be transparent, a fixed colour, or an image. Ideally specified in the Flashvars.
- The width and height of the SWF can be defined in Flashvars. Some animations will be larger/smaller than others.
- Show a preloader when a new model (the images) are being downloaded.
- A "flick" of the mouse continues the animation for a few extra moments - like at [url removed, login to view]