We are looking for a talented individual or team to create an animated video - to help us in our battle against the evil that is breast cancer!
Our project recently got accepted to be listed on [url removed, login to view] to raise money for our website to be developed. On our [url removed, login to view] page, we need to include a video that explains the concept of the website and what people will get as a reward.
Here is some background info on the project:
We will build a social game website, with people earning points as they complete tasks. The task generating the most points would be for a member to get their friends to make a donation on their behalf. At the end of the month, the person with the most points selects which breast cancer charity (from a pre-defined list) gets the donations raised by the community that month.
We estimate that the video will be about 5 - 7 minutes in length.
We have created a character that will need to be animated through a series of screens as a narrator talks about the project. To get an idea of the character and illustration style - please visit our website at http://boo(dot)bs. The image on the homepage is a poem that we wrote to get [url removed, login to view]'s attention. As you can see, a pink monkey character appears in various outfits to accompany the poem. The same pink monkey character will be used throughout the animated video that you will create.
The animation will not be extremely complex. Some examples of what will need to be done include:
- Transitioning from the pink monkey in glasses and a tie into a version where he is dressed as Superman
- Making the monkey's mouth move to match a short sentence (in the image of the pink monkey as Rocky)
- Making light sabers come out of the handles (in the image of the pink monkey and Darth Vader)
- Looking at 2 red circles and zooming back as the circles transform into glasses on a character (in the image of the monkey grandmother)
- Looking at a character and zooming back as the character darkens into a silhouette and is surrounded in a red shape (in the image of the monkey as James Bond)
For the most part - the animation will be a series of different movements (sliding in from top or bottom, zooming in or out) as the animation transitions from one screen to another.
The sound mixing will also be fairly simple. Some examples of what will need to be done include:
- A bell sound going off when the image of the pink monkey as Rocky appears (and similar sound effects used throughout the video)
- Indiana Jones theme music playing in the background when the image of the pink monkey as Indiana Jones appears (and similar theme songs used throughout the video)
- Overlaying the sound effects and theme music over a narrator's voice track (and creating the animation to be timed perfectly with the audio)
The following will be provided:
- A voice track narrating the video
- A collection of sound effects for you to incorporate at key points in the animation
- All of the vector files that will need to be used in the animation
- A story board to explain the transitions and animations that should happen in each scene
Once the animated video is done - I imagine we will go through 2 rounds of refinement.
At the end of the project - I would like to have the completed video in addition to the source files used to create the video. Ideally, the video should be created in Adobe software (Flash, After Effects, Sound Booth, Premiere etc) so that I can edit it at a later point if need be.
It is worth noting that this project is personal. My grandmother had breast cancer and I recently had a lump removed from my chest.
Thanks for putting in a bid. I look forward to working with you!
The story boards are still being created - but a few animators asked for the vector files so they could do sample animations to win the project.
You can download the files by going to:
The vector files have 3 sample storyboards with instructions for the animations and transitions. I also included audio files to go along with the animations.
I have completed the storyboard (it may need a few finishing touches - but it is 99% complete).
All of the illustration has been done. The storyboard contains 45 scenes and includes suggestions for animation and transitions. I also I will provide many of the sound effect files and additional files mentioned if you are awarded the project.
Please take a look and let me know if you need to adjust your bid.
I broke the 45 scenes into 5 illustrator files to keep the file sizes manageable.
The zip file containing the illustrator files can be downloaded by going to:
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for your time.