We need a quizgame for our Facebook page, and would like it as a Facebook app. I've attached four simple sketches explaining how the game should look like. I'm going to explain each of them in words below:
1. This is the startup frame, which will be shown when you open the app. It will display our logo and the text "Kunnskapspill" which can be translated into "knowledge game". Below the logo there will be a start button which will get you directly to the first question and start a timer. We would like some animation in this first frame, for instance the logo shining, or something else that draws your attention to the game. Nothing to fancy though, we don't need fireworks.
2. The next frame is the actual quiz, and will randomly show 20-40 questions from a list. We need to be able to update the question list ourselves, so I reckon this will be a sort of SQL, or whatever will be easiest to maintain. This list will contain a few thousand questions.
Each question should have five suggestions to what the answer may be. A click on one of them will take you to the next question. The question should appear at once you hit start, and then the suggestions to the answer should appear 1-2 seconds later. It would also be nice with a low volume ticking sound in the background, to add some pressure and make the player answer quicker.
3. If your results are amongst the top 20, you should be taken to the congratulations frame, which tells the player that he or she did good. "Gratulerer, du er blant de 20 beste!". Then there should be a small form to type in name and e-mail, and select a university from a list. The a register button which will take you to the highscore. An applause, cheering sound in the background would be fit here.
If you're below the top 20, you should be taken to another frame, which tells the player that he or she needs to to slightly better. The text in the attachment should do fine. Below the text there should be a play again button. No sounds in the background.
4. This is the highscore frame. At the very top the winner of last month should be displayed, next to a small image of a trophy perhaps.
Below that the highscore will be shown, with the top 10 players and their score. And below the highscore, you're results, displaying how many right answers you got, the time you spent, and which place you ended up with. If you're amonst the top 10 you're name should be highlighted as shown in the image attached. At the bottom a play again button, which will take you to the first frame.
- The game should auto reset the first day of each month, and add the winner to the list as discribed above, as winner of last month.
- The results is sorted by most correct answers, and best time.
- We also have to be able to maintain the list of universities. So we need two lists all together, one for uni and one for questions/answers.
- The game needs a good looking design.
- Use [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] for inspiration.