We need someone who can finish [url removed, login to view] in the next 10 business days. The project is for the most part complete, but the developer we had working on it ran into some life hardships and needs to take care of them. And yes, we currently have a good business relationship with that developer, but our timeline for completeion is rather strict due to the importance of our client, i.e. Howard University in Washington, DC. So that being said, you'll need the following information to bid.
The site needs a total cosmetic and graphic design makeover. The university is targeting students in their early 20's, so we need someone who can "break out of" the site's typical 'university website' structure by adapting a Joomla compatible, yet fun, template similar to [url removed, login to view] (but not the exact same template, obviously). Site needs some eye-popping flash effects too. Content will be maintained by the client, so an easy-to-use, non-technical, preformatted, content structure/layout needs to be applied on the backend so that the client can quickly drop in content/pictures that show up on the frontend the same way every time. Site colors should remain in tact as red, white, & blue...and in that order as far as which to use most goes.
1.) You need to know Joomla backwards and forwards, the entire website is Joomla-based.
2.) You need to quickly learn the current functionality of the site in order to complete the project in 10 business days.
3.) You need to have exceptional troubleshooting and PHP coding skills.
4.) You need to have exceptional graphic design and flash design skill. Preferably using Adobe CS2 or CS3 applications.
5.) The entire site needs to run error free in 10 days or earlier (no exceptions, no leeway), so you must be able to meet/beat deadlines. If you don't meet the deadline, you don't get paid...simple as that.
You must also troubleshoot/add functionality based on every line item in the list below:
1. Message Board – ‘Board Categories’ drop down doesn’t work.
2. Message Boards - Once you set a message board avatar, doesn’t take you back to Message Boards, just expands the window.
3. Create Lifestyles Template to accept RSS Feeds per the vision/strategy doc, movies, books, etc. (add ‘View RSS Feeds’ to the user menu right side)
4. Add the functionality for users with profiles to instant/private message each other within the site (add ‘Instant Message Someone’ to the user menu right side)
5. Add the functionality for users to create blog entry’s directly from a specific event posted on the GSA calendar
6. Events for different schools should be highlighted a different color on the GSA Events Calendar and a key should be provided defining which colors go with which schools.
7. need the ability to add home page topics/spotlights as [url removed, login to view] blog entries
8. add the following ‘Additional Info’ profile attributes that are visible on profile: major, minor, residence (drop down choices: dorm, off campus), hometown (city, state – should be drop down menus)
9. remove the following ‘Additional Info’ profile attributes: address, city, state, fax, zip, state, location, occupation, interest, company
10. add ‘create important bulletins’ to admin user menu right side
11. ‘News’ page needs to have preview of articles for the latest news, similar to the home page…not just a bulleted/archived list…only older articles should be bulleted/archived.
12. For ‘Search Users’ add caption for search box informing users on what they can search by, name, username, email, etc?
13. Howard has various student groups and organizations. They want the ability to blast email all registered [url removed, login to view] users who belong to one of these groups to inform them on group events, meetings, etc.
14. Change ‘Profile’ top header menu to ‘My Profile’
15. Registered users should not be able to edit their email address under ‘Your Details’…this email address is approved during initial registration and should not be changed at any time.
16. Change ‘Your Details’ to ‘Edit Login Info’
Please submit graphic and flash intense samples of your work. No Branding. If you don't submit samples, you won't be considered. Payment will be 50% to start and 50% after completion. Also, original requirements are contained in the attached PDF.