- I'm creating a smaller, more local version of [url removed, login to view] (a wedding vendor directory site)
- the most similar example would be [url removed, login to view], though my layout will be much different
WHAT I HAVE:
- already have a full CSS template (downloaded from [url removed, login to view] ) CSS only, no Flash (for SEO reasons)
WHAT I NEED:
- what I need is for the designer to modify this template to meet the needs of my simple but meticulously designed directory.
- my site will simply have the following pages (approximate, might change with our design but not much):
- (will use a nice, but sleek functioning contact form here with a drop box for each department the user can contact)
- (this will have 8-10 categories on the left side and thus sub-pages for each category of listings, however ALL of these pages will have IDENTICAL layouts, once we design one, the rest are cut and paste)
- (the site is based on brides putting in their email addresses and then we send them an email with download links for particular brochures/lists/etc they are interested [url removed, login to view] need designers input for the best way to do this type of client contact/marketing)
OTHER CONTEXT/REQUIREMENTS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- SEO design: I am very adamant about this. I dont want to hand hold through the basics but image names, link names (internal and external), [url removed, login to view] file, site map, h1 and h2 headings etc etc will ALL be standardized to the keywords for EACH page's particular category (which i will profice)
- Useful Plugins : I want recommendations for the BEST plugins you can think of that might be useful in contact management, email marketing and the download plugin. Keeping track of my customers is key priority
- Clean Design: the site template is 90% of the look/feel that I want , and i have already layout out the initial changes i want in ppt but I will need the designer's expertise to take this as a starting point and make it better, give me suggestions, etc
- REAL TIME COLLABORATION:
I dont care about time zone differences but being proficient in English and being available to collaborate with me directly, real time with Skype, some other IM form and/or TeamViewer software is a MUST. I have a tight deadline for this project and I need to be able to give you feedback, have you make the changes and get right back to me for more feedback, etc etc. I cant not wait 24-48 hrs for a response by email for every single change...
- Ease of Maintenance: finally, I will have to continually change the listings on the site, so this has to be an easy process. the way i have the site designed, it should be given my HTML experience and the specific labeling of each link/image/listing box. but please keep this in mind.
TIMEFRAME FOR DELIVERY:
- i have 3 weeks to finish this project and then 1 week of testing. So with a start date of Wed, JUNE 1st my due date is June 22nd and I'll then have a week to test, come back with any issues etc and you will be paid by end of June.