I have an existing flash site using a template purchased from a vendor. It has been greatly modified and is experiencing load time issues.
We are attempting to make this problem better by installing a landing page where users can select which language version to use by clicking on a spot on a map.
The sequence to be animated is as follows:
1. Map appears with just logo.
2. Count up from 0-100% starts to load the flash elements. (need to develop a counter)
3. When load completes (100% reached), the different language options appears on the map with a red dot on a geographic location. The specific animation effects are as follows:
3a. The language/dot would appear in sequence, in this order. The locations currently are:
Chinese (over China), English (over the U.S.), German (germany), Italian (italy), Russian (Russia on the European side), Arabic (middle east).
3b. The red dot appears first. Then the language would first appear large, with pulsating light background effect and then reduce to a standard size.
4. Hover / rollover behavior - over the red dot or the language, the dot should turn to green and the language label (i.e. Chinese) should enlarge with the light pulsating in the background effect.
5. When clicked, user is taken to the flash for that language version.
The flash is currently available in English only, however it is designed to pull in a different language txt file. Meaning there is only one set of swf and images but several .txt files for the content feed.
The flash begins with a slide show and music intro. The music intro and slide show currently causes delay in loading and therefore the pictures do not show up properly on first load for slow connections.
The hope is that with this new loading page, while it is playing, the actual flash can be loading in the background and thereby circumvent the the improper display during the first loading for slow connections.