Noom is an exciting wellness technology company headquartered in New York City that plays in a $15 billion sector of the weight loss market. We develop mobile applications for guided weight loss, and is backed by investments from RRE Ventures one of the top tier venture capital firms in New York, with participation from Harbor Pacific Capital, Qualcomm Ventures, Recruit Strategic Partners, and TransLink Capital.
Consumer appetite for mobile application based assistance in weight loss is accelerating. Driven by a mission to help people around the world enjoy healthier lives through better nutrition and exercise, Noom is ambitiously expanding its footprint into this market with great mobile products proven by successful user experiences.
Food logging is the core of our apps, and its important that our users are able to log any type of food they eat. That’s where you get involved. Noom is looking for a self-motivated Food Database Researcher to increase on the size of our food database. The position will include web research, finding the correct calorie and serving size information on given food items, correcting the items we already have, and so much more
- Research calorie and serving size information on various food items
- Contribute to Noom’s growing food database
- Daily data entry tasks using Google Excel sheet.
- Work directly with Noom’s Food Database editor on on-going projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Good communicator with English
- Some experience with web research
- Detail oriented and care for the quality of your work
- Strong interest in wellness and nutrition
- Database knowledge a plus
- Able to fulfill tasks and duties remotely daily