We are looking to start building a geo specific multi virtual reality platform which allows our clients to train in war-gaming environments. We are looking for a team/persons to develop a basic 3D game simulation application which will allow our end users to train in IED detection and convoy training.
Requirements of this end project are:
1. Import real world terrain data such as DEM into the 3D environment.
2. To be able to import vehicles, weapons and characters from packages such as 3D studio max.
3. Multi user capability on a large scale. Being able to run 32+ users in on environment.
4. Being able to run around as a soldier in 1st and 3rd person perspective.
5. Command level integration (this is provided by us)
6. Integration of our course wiki content and Adobe flash video media.
7. To be able to author scenarios, creating missions...
I’m most likely looking for a bundle of tools and an environment runtime.
To get an idea of what we are looking for there are some links below to high end 3D war-game engines.
check out metavr (search in google)