I need a program that will update a program that I use in my work place. I would like it to be a “set it and forget it”.
This program should be installed as a service and can be installed as an .exe or an .msi. If installed as .msi then all the specified information should be able to be added with switches.
At a predetermined time interval the ‘updater' will do the following:
1) Connect to a ftp server (specified)
2) Login with proper credentials (specified)
3) Compare previously downloaded file to one on the FTP site, if FTP site is newer then the local file then the local file is overwritten with the newer file.
4) Download new file to local computer(Specified folder)
5) Un-Zip the downloaded file to the specified folder.
6) Unzipped files should have full access to all users.
7) Run a specified executable.
Program should have an icon in the sys tray that should change with status
• No ftp connection
Icon in sys tray when double clicked should prompt for password to bring up configuration screen. (password set in configuration screen. Default is blank). Once configuration screen is opened then all the choices come up:
Check server every: “ “ in minutes
Config password:” “
FTP Server: “ “
User: “ “
Password: “ “
Get one file: “ “
Get all files
Put files: “ “
Extract files: “ “
Run after extraction: “ “
Also I need a log to be appended on the ftp server when something happens:
Checking the files on the FTP
Log file should include:
Computer name, user, int ip add,ext ip add and what happened