We are a new professional company looking for artists that can provide vector illustrations of characters, scenes or symbols for each classical book on our list. The illustrations will be in silhouette form with no other necessary details except for the outline of the illustration.
Specifically what you will be doing, and requirements:
- You will be assigned to at least 3 classical books (books like Alice in Wonderland, Pride and Prejudice, etc..) every week
- You and I must have weekly discussions on what you plan to draw for each book - this may not be necessary after several completed illustrations. It depends how well the artist understands the plot, story, symbolism and imagery of each book.
- Provide completed, original illustrations (in .AI format) within a week of assignment
- VERY IMPORTANT: You are not required to have read the book assigned to you, but you MUST do what you can to understand the plot, story, symbolism and imagery of each book. This can be done by perusing Wikipedia, Google Books, Sparknotes, or even reading certain key paragraphs of climatic events in the book (all requested books can be legally downloaded digitally online through Project Gutenberg).
- NON-NEGOTIABLE REQUIREMENT: You must have had created silhouette, vector drawings in the past, and have a portfolio to show for it.
- ALSO IMPORTANT: You cannot simply create outlines of pre-existing images. The work must be 100% original!
- NOTE: Each book should only have 1-4 shapes in total! Easy peasy right?
YOUR PAY: $15 dollars per book
LENGTH OF PROJECT: I have more than 50+ books to do, so you will have a steady income from this company as long as you meet the requirements.
NOTE1: We are only looking for artists who live in native-English speaking countries. (ie. Canada, US, UK etc..)
NOTE2: $15 per illustration is what I figure the complexity of the project to be. The illustrations are very very simple and there will usually be a maximum of 3 objects in total for each illustration.
However, I don't mind changing the pay structure to an hourly basis. It will be <$35 dollars per hour.
17 freelancers are bidding on average $339 for this job
Hello there...I would like to do the silhouette illustrations for you. I am a 2D animator and been doing character designing and illustrations for more than 10 years now. Here is a link to my drawing samples: https: Daha Fazla
Hi! i love to read, i love to make graphics and i love the idea of making book cover art! I'm not some kind of specialized-in-drawing-silouhettes-artist, i'm just a graphics artist who have studied fine arts for over Daha Fazla
Hi, i am very interested in this project of [url removed, login to view] an expert in vector art. Kindly check your PMB for all details. Really want to work with you. Thanks Sarika
please check message for objectives, qualifications, samples.
My name is Mike Cardeno and I am a Graphic Designer from Surrey, BC, Canada. I can definitely help you out with vector images for the books that your company is publishing. I have lots of experience working with gr Daha Fazla
hello, i'm very much interested with this project. here's my portfolio: http://donnat.daportfolio.com. I've been doing several vector illustrations for books and magazines.
Hello. I am interested to work on the job you posted, consider me as your qualified applicant. You can browse my gallery of works at this site address: [url removed, login to view] Thank you.
Please check your PM sir, i have a few samples of my work.
I am ready and understood your all conditions, no more comments. Thanks
Hello, I am ready and eager to start. Pls check PM
I am greatly interested in the project. Please view your inbox for my portfolio.
My studio has all you need for this project - please check pm
Hi, I have skill and experience to serve you the best...