Dear freelancers! I appreciate your bids since I have no idea how much it costs.
Almost a year ago, I've posted a project on Freelancer. I got a good bid and started working with a developer on creation of the documentation. Since, the programmer didn't contribute much to documentation development, and I didn't have enough experience in project management, the project didn't go further than incomplete documentation. Management refused to fund the project until we have proper documentation and project schedule; however, we have budget for project documentation.
What and who do I need?
I'm subject matter expert who knows (almost) everything about business process, and I need a person with good English writing skills who has experience writing IT project documentation using agile approach. Basically, I'll communicate the business process, and your job is to translate it to valid IT project documentation by creating proper Themes, Epics, and User Stories. This documentation has to be completed within 3-4 weeks. Note: I don't need developer - I need project documentation creator or Business Analyst.
Small shipping company (about 25 employees) needs to create a system that will consist of two big parts:
Part 1. Invoicing.
We're not 100% sure on this part of requirements, so you need to ask us right questions, but we already using functionality of zoho invoices that we want to replicate in our system.
1. Invoice people for shipping services. Not all invoices are paid. We call it proposals.
2. After invoice is paid or prepaid, we create an order. Yes, we're dealing with multiple payments per invoice.
Part 2. Ordering.
Basically, we are intermediary shipping company that rents containers of different sizes from third party companies which send containers oversees. We have multiple locations among the country and out of country.
Typical use case.
1. We order OFFLINE containers from third party.
2. We document this order details in our system (the system we're about to build). We can order multiple containers per order.
3. Customer orders shipping service from our company. Customer specifies dimensions of the cargo.
4. We fit this cargo into one of our containers. Basically, two, three or even more cargo from different customers can fit into one container. Sometimes one cargo cannot fit into one container, so we split the cargo in two. We need to track it somehow, and we need a UI for that.
5. After we figure out which cargo goes to which container, we schedule a cargo pick up. Either customer brings this cargo to our location, or we pay shipping or towing services to bring the item to us.
6. We document condition of the cargo (pictures, writing notes).
7. We place the item into container.
8. We ship the container.
9. We track the container and its location over the time. (TBD: how we track it)
10. When container arrives at the destination, our receiving facility checks-in the container.
11. Receiving facility staff assesses the cargo to make sure it is in desired condition and document it.
12. Customer or another shipping/towing company picks up the cargo.
13. Receiving facility staff checks out the cargo.
14. Customer pays off the invoice.
Suggest your price. Thank you!
In attachment, you'll find current project documents which is complete mess :(