Need to design a website to Showcase 3rd Party Authors profiles and their books
1) Authors to be able to sign up on the website with valid email address.
2) Authors whose registrations have been approved will receive an email welcoming them to the website and provide them with details on how to use the site.
3) Authors to be able to create Profile which uploading photograph, a brief about themselves and links to their other websites/social media pages. This profile page should also have the option to be shared by the authors or other visitors on various Social Media.
4) Authors should have the ability to upload their Books and E-Books details (Cost, Release Date, Awards, ISDN no etc, Links to websites where the book is available for purchase).
5) Authors should have the option to enter HTML Tags and also choose Categories (from a pre defined list of categories) to display their books.
6) Profiles which have been created by the Authors should only go live on the website once it had been approved by the Website administrator.
7) Books which have been uploaded on the website should only be displayed once it has been approved by the website administrator.
8) Website visitor should have the option to register on the website to get weekly news feeds on the latest updated on the website. Through RSS feed integration with MailChimp.
9) Registered Visitors will have the option to Rate the Authors and their Book in a scale 1 to 10 which will be displayed on the Authors profile and their Books.
10) When viewing a Authors profile their books should be displayed in a Scrolling gallery mode in the same page along with a Star displaying the books rating.
11) Design Email Template for automated emails to be sent out for Author Registration, User Registrations and other action items.
12) Website should have well defined Ad space so we can display ads from other websites such as Amazon, GoodReads , Flipkart etc). Ad space also needs to be designed in the Email template which should be easy to modify by the Website Administrator.
13) Optional - Ability to be able to display ratings received by a particular Book if it’s already has a ranking/rating on an e-commerce website such as Ebay, Amazon, Good Reads or Flipkart.
14) All the Web pages should have clear set design rules which should be well defined. Website should be SEO friendly.
15) Option of running Weekly/Monthly or Time defined contests where a book/prize would be offered as a Free Giveaway. This should be displayed as a pop up.
16) Website should capture/Track the below mentioned information and send out a Weekly email to all the Website Administrators and also send out a Monthly report by email in HTML format which can be converted into a CSV or Excel file.
a) No of unique hits each Authors have received on their profile.
b) No of unique hits each book has received.
c) No of New Author signups for the Week.
d) No of New website user registrations on the week.
e) No of clicks on Ads (identify which Ad was clicked ex- Website Ad or Newsletter Ad)
17) Website needs to have a Featured section which will display selected books by the Administrator in an automated scroll setting which should be a page of the design displayed on all the pages.
18) Website should be responsive in design so it can load on Desktop, Laptop and Mobile handheld devices without affecting the user experience.
Please review all the requirements and provide a detailed project plan in order to win this project. We would be interested in breakup of the cost based on each of the modules in case we want to hold back on a particular module for the 1st phase of the project to limit the cost and develop the modules as phase 2.
If you have worked on similar websites in the past then please include their details as it would be given preference. This is a personal project with budget restrictions so unrealistic bids/quotes would be ignored.