This project is to create a custom user interface for Android IP-TV box operating system, which needs to be compatible and utilize the GoogleTV framework as well as other Google apps/api's.
We have lined up a manufacturer and have distribution for a mass market the Android IP-TV box, however the basic Android OS UI that the manufacturer has now is vanilla and not user friendly.
We are looking for looking for someone (or a team) that are experts developing for Android and TV UI environments. We have designers on the team who can provide the actual graphics (if necessary), so primarily need the programmer(s).
It would be a big plus if you also have experience with Android mobile/tablet environments, as we are looking to create a seamless end user experience between TV, tablets and mobile devices.
While part of this project is to define the exact specifications, here are some of the basics:
1. Evaluate use-case and other GoogleTV products, then create design specification for a user friendly, visual compelling UI screen for all elements of the UI.
2. The UI layer must be skinnable to easily create new custom UI look and feel using our framework
3. The UI layer must be optimized to run fast and consume minimal system resources
4. The UI layer should take into account integration with mobile devices and tablets, including accommodating all possible use cases (e.g. primary user, guest users, home network with multiple TV’s and Tablets)
5. The UI layer must have an easy (almost automated) method for connecting to wireless networks
6. The UI layer must be compatible with various remote control scenarios ranging from standard remotes to keyboard style remotes
7. API/templates for creating apps that run via the UI layer
This project is related to the following project – we are open to one team taking on both if the expertise are available: [url removed, login to view]
Please get in touch if you have any questions.