We are looking for a designer + publisher to layout a family memoir based on the following requirements. The original text document has been saved in Google drive and for obvious reasons, I'd like to see if someone can quote for the project based off what is written below.
The designer will need to use Quarkexpress and provide the publisher with a file ready for printing.
- Page size: Bishops B5 (245 X 172mm)
- Gloss to hi-gloss page for colour printing
- 10 or 11 point point text size
- Margin sizes
- Left: 15 mm
- Right: 15mm
- Top: please decide
- Bottom: please decide
- Please choose a commonly used page design format for all pages prior to the Contents
Page format for the Parts and Sections
- Insert a header with a fine line under the header titles
- Left side of header is for Part name
- Right side of header is for the Section name
- Page number at the top right
- Insert the footnotes at the end of each section.
- Word count 25,000 approximately
Ordering of pages
- Title page
- Publishing page (left page)
- Foreword (right page - 1 page)
- Contents (start on right page)
- Acknowledgement (right page - 1 page)
- Introduction (right page)
- Part I - then follow the table of contents as below.
- Please put each new Part on a new right page. Leave a blank page between Parts.
- Each section should start at the top of the next page. There’s no need to leave a blank page between sections.
- The last pages at the end of the will be the White Daisy image - saved in a Google link
Photos - there are 400 photos
- Insert photos in the same location it appears in this document (we will send this separately)
- Please insert photos based on the most appropriate page layout template - as below and scanned on the next page.
- The original photos have been edited and are in 300 DPI Photoshop format. They will need to be resized for the publication. Please use the photos saved here. Photos need to be printed at 300 DPI.
- Half text and 1 photo - photo at either top or bottom
- 2 photos per page and no text
- 2 photos and text
- 3 photos per page with text to the right of each photo - ⅓ photo to text
- 3 photos at top of page with text at bottom (50:50)
- 4 photos to page - in quarters
We only want a designer who has designed a book like this before so please send through similar examples.
As this is a large project, I'd like to see a sample of what you can do based on the text uploaded to this job.