Piecework opportunity for artist experienced with
creating textures for video games.
* DDS or NetImmerse/NIF format experience very helpful.
* Image manipulation required, including squaring
and shearing, resizing, cropping, etc.
* Experience with multitexturing images using
diffuse, bump, normal, dark, specular and
other relevant maps.
* Initial work done at hourly rates to develop
the provisioning process. Documentation
of provisioning process will be required.
* Textures and images carry associated
metadata, which will be required as a
deliverable for each texture.
* Once process is in place, per texture
piecework rates apply.
* Possibly more opportunity for the right
person with web design or web coding
* Most of this work can be done using
GIMP, would prefer to develop the entire
process using GIMP.
* Prefer SF Bay area person, but will
consider the right person anywhere.
* Payment via Paypal.
Please respond with:
1. Small sample or link to relevant portfolio
2. Experience with game provisioning
3. Hourly and piecework rates.
Entire project will be conducted using Gimp. Capabilities lacking in Gimp must be documented. Higher pay for someone competent in Gimp scripting.
The first 8-12 hours of this project will collaborative back-and-forth in 3-4 hour blocks to iteratively develop a working communication scheme and the initial documentation. We should be able to go to piecework after that.
Writing ability is critically important, and people with good writing skills preferred over people with graphic skills only. By writing skills, I mean the ability to communicate effectively using the written word, in any language. Mastery of the English language is much less important, if your writing is good, I can clean up the English.
The first suite of textures will be developing a variety of different windows and doors using jpeg images as the base stock. I will provide the images for the base stock.