Good day, everyone!
I am looking for a graphic artist that can create a cartoon-style form of protest that will eventually end up on a t-shirt. The issue being protested is the raising of fares (AGAIN) for services provided by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority in Washington, DC.
Just to give you a backdrop about the source of my protest: as recently as three years ago, the agency (WMATA) raised the fees across the board at what was then the HIGHEST level increase in its history. Incompetence (specifically at the head of the agency regarding wrecks, maintenance failures and even some fatal accidents), theft (parking lot employees pilfering around $100K) and a host of other issues showed that better management instead of tossing money at a problem guaranteed to waste that money is in order. On top of all THAT, on June 22, 2009, metro experienced the WORST fatal vehicle crash (a train) in its HISTORY. 22 people died in what was later found to be the result of covering up shoddy safety records.
I am looking for a black and white caption that depicts Metro as a Mafiosi standing by with a smirk on his face while his gargantuan henchman holds a commuter aloft by his ankles, shaking the money out of his pockets.
- The boss (the Mafiosi) should be wearing a black suit with white pinstripes. He should also be wearing a black fedora hat and dark sunglasses.
- The henchman should be wearing a white suit, and have a clean shaven head. His expression should be menacing and appearing to enjoy his task at hand.
- The (upside down) commuter should have a shocked/terrified look on his face
- Off to the side, there should be a display pylon similar to the one shown by the link at the end of this message. Leave the name of the station off the pylon, but make sure the “M” is prominently displayed on it.
- The caption beneath it all should read in BIG BOLD LETTERS:
METRO GENTLY EASES FARE HIKE ONTO COMMUTERS
- Above all, the image should fit into a 16 inch by 24 inch display area.
The link showing the display pylon is:
[url removed, login to view]
Please go to http://www.fuzzboy.com to see samples of my cartooning style. Your job sound like a lot of fun and something I know I can turn around quickly for you. Thank You Alan Bessen