Hope you guys are well..
I am in the process of launching a campaign of which the details are below..
but I need your creative help. I need a story "hook".. something a bit glamorous/scientific/ adventurous?
Any thoughts on this? I am trying to imagine what the story is on the cover of a local the week after campaign launch on the 15th of August.
Here are the Campaign Deets:
Every Summer there is a clashing of mindsets at North Bondi between the locals (snorkelers, tourists) and the people who come to spear fish.
The 3 main issues for me last year where;
1)Some idiot speared a Moray Eel in front of me and 15 scuba divers, dragged it on to the boat ramp and used his foot to rip it off his spear.
2) Another person line caught a Blue Groper off Tamarama last Summer. (which is sadly legal in this State (illegal to spear) but 2 bag limit on a line..)
3) At night there are 30 fisherman from "outside our Local Government Area" throwing lures, fishing hooks and discarding fishing line directly over where Billy the Blue grouper lives at Slippery Rock at North Bondi unaware of how the area is cherished for it's marine life during the day.
Less than half of 1 percent of area from Nelson Bay to Woollongong is "Marine Sanctuary" and I feel the area under the most pressure from pollution and human activity is along that shore line from Clovelly to Camp Cove and that the "Long term" or greater marginal utility, is for tourism and for the area to be declared a Marine Sanctuary.
Fisherman and spear fisherman can go anywhere else.. indeed, everywhere else... Coogee, Botany, Cronulla, in the harbour.. whatever.. But the area under question should be for tourism.
In the "Marine Reserve" from Bronte to Coogee including Clovelly and Gordon's Bay you can still fish..which is unfortunate.. ("Marine Reserve" means not much- that is why we need a Marine Sanctuary)
I have put together a website:
Here it is [url removed, login to view]
but I encourage you to look at the videos page which will hopefully get the people to sit up and take notice of what an amazing ecosystem exists on our doorstep (indeed it is the BEST marine life of any major city in the world) check out the Sea Dragons at Bondi!
[url removed, login to view]
Over the next few months/years I am hoping to get Waverley and Woollahra Councils and the National Parks Association to work on this.. I am not assuming a quick victory by any means but i want the issue discussed rather than not discussed.
I have had 1000 bumper stickers printed (see attachment)
HERE IS WHAT I NEED:
I have a couple ideas but,
1) Get Google Maps to map underwater and have the Billy the Blue Groper show you around .. or become your cursor?
2) Have a campaign for an underwater digital camera
3) on campaign launch day (15th of August, Sunday at 12 at North Bondi) have 10? Miss Australia's with BLUE eyeshadow perhaps? Napoleon?
4) an underwater petition signing?
5) Tourism Australia "come say G'Day to the State Fish of NSW the Blue Groper" (a hermaphodite)
6) The Blue male should have a Harem of 3 green females... so he is a bit of a ladies man.. ( a dating website?)
Attached is a factsheet about how overfished the area is..
a gvovernemnt group has done a really good mail out robot (this could be an idea??)
[url removed, login to view]
Let me know what you think..
"The Fisher are worth more alive in the water than dead out of it"
5 freelancers are bidding on average $440 for this job
Hi , I am Niyati and i work for an ad and PR agency. Hope fully i can help you with this project. i have 7 years experience in a major ad agency in india. Hope to start soon.
30 years experience "baiting hooks" (parenthetically, not literally) here in the USA. Semi-retired now. But you can contact if you google "publicom-usa," then engage EM link at the lower right of any page.