Small amendment to a simple iOS app
I’m a Doctor who works with children who have learning difficulties. I’ve developed an iOS app which helps children who have problems learning to read (Dyslexia).
The app is called Read-it, it’s on the app store and it’s free. Attached is a one minute video which shows what the app does and at this point it might be sensible to look at the video. This is what the app does.
1. When a child is trying to read a PDF children’s book on an iPad or iPhone screen then if they come across a word they have difficulty reading the child can simply touch that word and that single word be immediately read aloud. This means the child can carry on reading with no interruption to their understanding of the text.
2. The app also keeps a record of the words the child asks to be read aloud which can be emailed to a parent and/or teacher to help plan future remedial lessons.
Once the app is uploaded and a PDF file is on the screen everything works perfectly well.
However, there is a serious problem.
1. The process of uploading the app plus a PDF file is too complicated for a child with learning difficulties and also too difficult for a parent and/or teacher who is not an experienced computer user.
This what I want done.
1. I need the app to work when Kindle books are on the screens of iPad and iPhones.
2. It is absolutely essential that the uploading of the app and any Kindle book must be very, very simple.
3. If you believe you can do this please get in touch.
Note, I do not want the app to break any copyright rules.
Any user who wants the app to work on a Kindle book will first need to buy the book. I simply want the app to read aloud only single words and to keep a record of the single words. I have been advised that this will not infringe copyright.