For an existing Android game I am currently using OpenGL 1.1 for a few 2D drawing operations. I would like to add an option to use OpenGL 2.0 on devices running Android 2.3 or higher but I have little knowledge of OpenGL 2.0. The operations to implement (similar to those of the Android Canvas class, but only part of the attributes of the Paint objects, namely color and transparency, need to be supported) are:
1. void drawBitmap(Bitmap bitmap, float x, float y, Paint paint)
2. void drawBitmap(Bitmap bitmap, Rect source, Rect target, Paint paint)
3. void drawBitmap(Bitmap bitmap, Matrix matrix, Paint paint)
4. void drawText(String text, float x, float y, Paint paint)
5. void drawRect(float x, float y, float width, float height, Paint paint)
For these operations OpenGL 1.1 implementations already exist but the 2.0 implementation is mostly empty. The OpenGL 1.1-related part of the current implementation is less that 20 lines of code! Therefore I would not expect the 2.0-related code to be hundreds of lines of code but instead small work for someone who knows his business.
So I need someone who has experience with OpenGL 2.0 and Android development and who can implement these five operations and make them work correctly and with good performance. Existing code including a test project will be supplied to the bidder once the project is awarded.
The currently existing and final code must be kept confidential and not be disclosed to third parties. The created code must be free of other rights (e.g. not contain code copied from other code that under GPL or so) so that I can retain all rights to the code.