I have a project that involves follows:
- A C++ or Java application that runs in the background on a linux server (Debian CentOS)
- The application "listen" on a given port - external devices send on this port text messages (TCP) - 1-5 KB. The messages have a fixed structure.
- The message contain a sequence identifier (ID) of the device. The text message have to be saved in a given folder.
- The application must be parameterized:
- The IP Address - the server has multiple IPs
- The port for listening
- Storage folder
Parameterization is done in external file (text)
The application must be launched simultaneously from multiple "places" having several settings (IP's and port) to serve more customers.
You have to take care to handling duplication - it can be two or more external devices trying to transmit simultaneously.
27 freelancers are bidding on average €140 for this job
Hello I am Java expert and interested in this project. I am confident to complete this project perfectly. Please communicate so we can discuss further. Regards Anshu
Hi, I can do this project in Java. I have already experience in Java client-server applications and network communications. Are the external devices part of this project (require development) or they exists standalone?
Hi, I have created tcpip-enabled software already 20 years ago, this one should not be a problem. Please let me know the structure of the message and how you want it stored in folders. Regards, Mb
I am a professional Java developer who has written a number of different TCP communications applications in the past. This project should not pose any difficulty for me.
I have worked with TCP Sockets many times. I have experience usign the Boost Sockets library for C++. I'd like to get more information about your project. Regards, [url removed, login to view]