Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medical Engineering at Hiroshima International University is offering a studentship for PhD or MS candidates in Medical Engineering. The studentship covers 50% of the tuition and housing. On campus job is available. He or she will be able to earn MS in 2 years for BS holders or PhD in 3 years for MS holders. Please read below carefully for the requirements.
- Where: Hiroshima International University (HIU), Hiroshima, JAPAN
- When: Starting from April, 2008
- What: Master of Science or PhD in Medical Englineering will be earned.
- Whom: I (Dr. Gamada) will be your instructor and you will work with me closely to develop and validate mathematical/3D-visualization programs for biomechanical analyses. I ONLY speak Japanese and English.
- Who: One or 2 focused student(s) who has(have) good experience in Mathematics and/or 3D Visualization software such as PV-wave or Matlab, good technical English writing and communication skills, friendly personality with strong willingness to learn Japanese culture and language. Experienced coders from India will be very much welcomed.
I am a physical therapist and director of "Ortho-PT Biomechanics Lab" at HIU, mainly focusing on kinematics of human joints, such as the knee, shoulder, ankle and spine, associated with mechanisms of various Orthopaedic injuries.
We have the Vicon MX System -brand new motion capture system- with 8 cameras. We are developing a new marker system with an optimization program that minimize the effects of skin movement relative to the underlining bones. We have MotionBuilder 7.5 for developing anmiations.
We also utilize a fluoroscopic (radiographic movie) shape matching technique in which we compute the joint position using CT based bone models matched with the silhouett of the bones in the fluoroscopic pictures. Using this technology, we can obtain 6 degrees of freedon joint kinematics. Uisng bone models and kinematic information, we would like to compute the distance between the surface of the bones, create separation maps and animations during joint movements,and visualize the possible injuries within a joint.
For both projects, we need a coder who can independantly develop and validate your mathematics/visualization programs.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested.
Kaz Gamada, PhD, PT
[url removed, login to view]
11 freelancers are bidding on average $7418 for this job
Greetings from esoft [url removed, login to view] technologies Ltd a pioneer in customized software solutions, [url removed, login to view] is a dynamic and fast growing enterprise with a vision to provide business driven IT solutions .The company is concentrat Daha fazlası
We are a team that have experience with Japanese customer. We are working for a outsourcing company. I think our project will finish successfully.
Dear sir, I am interested in this project, I did a master on Information technology (image compression), I use matlab, I like mathematics. I hope we work together on this project. best regards.