TIMEFRAME: 10 DAYS
If the project cannot be completed in 10 days then the payment and the project will be cancelled as this project is time sensitive.
The developer must understand how to design board games and how to calculate next moves and winning player and how to use the relevant algorithms to do this.
Please do not bid if you do not think you can do it in the 10 day timeframe.
- The game is a hex-based line-connectivity game (i.e. the goal is to place pieces so that the bottom of the board is connected to the top, first player to do this wins)
- You have 2 hex boards of size 17x8 (down x across)
- The boards are side by side
- Left board is Player1, right board is Player2
- Players can optionally play on the opponent's board (e.g. to block a player). This will count as their turn
- There are 10 pieces that you can play (images of these are attached)
- All 10 pieces can be rotated
- There are 30 of each piece available for selection.
- Selection is random, i.e. each player is assigned a random piece and that piece is removed from the list of pieces
- If a player cannot or doesn't want to play his piece it is put in the pool
- The pool can be seen and used by both players to select a known piece (i.e. they are not random)
- GUI to be developed using Swing
- Ability to play across network
- Must be fully documented using javadocs and comments, no separate/external documentation required
- Document with further specs and gameplay details attached