The project is pretty basic as most of the API needed are already existing and the project is intended to be developed in Grails. It is suggested to use Roma project for feed parsing and FCKeditor for comment system.
The goal of the project is creating a web application that allows registered users to create and manage their own lists of feeds from news, other blog and generally what has an RSS or ATOM feed and publish them into the personal page.
The application will allow a feed collections owner to:
- create his own feed collections inside the normal user profile (see later in user side specs)
- decide whether enable each publication of new posts in a feed or all the posts automatically in a feed. That can be done with a check box beside each post for single post enabling or a check box beside the feed name for the automatic publishing of all of its posts.
- add to each post a comment. Readers are allowed to do the same, but a different level
- choose between layouts
- enable other users to manage one owned feed collection
The application will allow user to :
- register himself with basic informations
- subscribe to feed collections
-receive messages from other users
- search for a feed collection by argument, language, activeness and other parameters
-inside a feed collection see a list of other collections that are viewed from other users that has seen the same collection
- inside a feed collection see what other collections have the same feed
cross post between different feed collections for the same post
- see other user's profiles from the list of users subscribed to a feed collection
comment posts in feed
The feeds must be automatically parsed in cyclical loop.
The project is intended as completed with the cession of the source code.
Deeper specifications in UML for who require them.