development and demonstration of tool chain using open source tools to design a template and run a batch process to populate the template for a final output, using open source tools.
I need the ability to:
a) design an arbitrary template with embedded tags (velocity/VTL or some other form that can invoke java)
b) tags will be used in a batch run-time process to populate the dynamic portion of the template
c) batch run-time process will use java code (of our own design) to populate template
d) template will be converted to PDF for printing and viewing
Anticipated work flow:
design process (Linux or Windows environment):
Lyx->LaTex[template] (with embedded VTL)
batch process (Linux environment):
I would like a developer with Lyx/LaTex and Velocity experience to take on the process of designing a report from an example, carrying it through both the design and batch process - demonstrating the output and documenting the tool chain. An one-page example report will be provided.
1. Assessment of tool stream elements to use (all open source/Linux)
2. Development of template from attached example.
3. Putting template through template engine (e.g. velocity) - populating dynamic portions with dummy data.
4. Conversion of converted template to PDF.
5. Write-up of report containing tool-stream tools, detailed process steps - such as could be used by another to repeat the process, and all stages of the example:
b. template version of original
c. populated template
d. PDF version of populated template
The template needs to match as closely as possible the attached and look good, as its intended to support a real need.