We need to come up with a _simple_ epub reader demo for Android (ver >= Froyo)
The epub reader demo should allow for:
1. simple selection of epub boos from /sdcard/books folder (as list, or by writing the book's name into a text box - either way)
2. Once a book is selected the reader should display it in full screen one page at the time
3. A lower panel will contain 4 buttons :
3.1. next - move to next page
3.2. prev - move to prev page
3.3. larger - make fonts larger
3.4. smaller - make fonts smaller
4. Both horizontal and vertical displays should be supported
5. Both HVGA (480x800) & qHD (960x540) screen resolutions should be supported
You may (but not mandatory) use java libraries such as [url removed, login to view]
You may look at existing Android epub readers:
[url removed, login to view]+reader&so=1&c=apps and see their behavior.
To download free epub books:
[url removed, login to view]
We expect the resulting code to be short, clean and self explanatory. Reasonable level of commenting is also required.
If we like what we see more work will follow.