1) A simple server which puts together the video chunks of a mp4/3gp
video and sends it out to the android phone (Client).
2) An android client
a) which receives the video
b) progressively plays the video as and when the video becomes
available.( buffers a certain amount & plays)
3) Date of Completion : within a week but the it can be extended to few days if required.
I would like the project to be completed within the deadline so that I will have some time to test and get back to you for any queries/issues.
1) Development in eclipse
2) The programming needs to be done at the socket level.
3) Usage of http (URLConnection), RTSP and RTP is strict no.
4) It would be preferred if the video file could be played without
downloading it onto the client.
5) Let me know before you start whether you would be using tcp or udp and why.
6) As and when you move on with the project, snapshots of the
implementation will be good.
7) A good java doc.