We are looking for a Java FX or Kotlin developer who can convert Java Swing applet code to code the will eventually be converted to run on multiple platforms for tablet (both Android and iOS) and desktop (both Windows and Mac). The coder should have knowledge of cross platform Java or Kotlin. We are also looking for someone who can convert Photoshop files etc to SVGs.
The project is a simple game. The coder does not need to be a games coder as almost all of game logic is already written in Java.
The existing game interface look and feel needs to be updated. This will include updating the old graphics assets and coverting the new Photoshop files etc to SVGs.
Initially only the look and feel Java Swing classes of the game will be provided.
As this project requires various skills we are interested in hearing from people who can do part of the project or who can do the whole project.
The project will be split into multiple parts.
1) Update the front end code of the existing game app and integrate the new game graphics. This is a currently single screen sport game with multiple popups. The core game functionality should remain unchanged.
2) Integrate a loading (splash screen) and a main menu screen where the user can then choose what action to perform.
3) Create new popup screens. These screens are:
- Tournament and league chart popups (view only, using REST)
- View player popup (view only, using REST)
- Settings popup (view only)
- Sticks popup (view only)
4) Integrate 'My details' (not yet designed) (using REST).
The code should be well documented and well structured. The coder should be a good communicator and be able provide regular clear updates.