A barbershop has a cutting room with one chair and a waiting room with five chairs. A limitless number of customers enter the waiting room one at a time if space is available; otherwise they go to another shop. Each time the barber finishes a haircut, the customer must pay at the cash register; only one customer may pay at a time, additional customers waiting to pay must wait, if the cashier is asleep, the paying customer must wake the cashier up, after paying the customer leaves to go to another store, if the cashier has no waiting customers, the cashier falls asleep. A waiting customer, if there is one, enters the cutting room and has a haircut. Customers may enter the waiting room one at a time, or waiting customer may enter the (empty) cutting room one at a time, but these events are mutually exclusive. If the barber discovers that the waiting room is empty, the barber falls asleep in the waiting room. An arriving customer, finding the barber asleep, wakes the barber and has a haircut; otherwise the arriving customer waits.
User must use java semaphores/monitors to coordinate the operation of the barber, clients and the cash register.
Customers are processed in the order that they are seated, earliest has highest priority, except for one condition, a priority customer that has made an appointment, when this customer enters, he/she is now the next customer to get a haircut, all other customers are moved back one, if more than one priority customer enters the shop, he/she is placed behind then last priority customer,(FIFO),
For example assume two priority customers have entered the shop plus 3 regular customers and the left side is next available of the queue. (FIFO)
Entry Times are
Priority customer 1 entered store at 10:01:00
Priority customer 2 entered the store at 10:01:08
Customer 3 entered before customer 4
Customer 4 entered before customer 5
Priority customer 1, priority customer 2, customer 3, customer 4, customer 5
Note: in the case of priority customers, you really can't make a regular customer leave, that would not be nice, so you should extend the queue to support the additional moved back customer (customer is now standing, because there are no chairs), but no more customers may enter until chairs are available.
• The time cutting is random either 1 or 2 seconds
• The simulation must run for at least 2 minutes.
• Customers enter the store between 2 and 4 seconds (randomly selected)
• Cashier takes 1 second cashing out a customer. (randomly selected)
• Priority customers enter between 8-10 seconds.
• Seconds are in whole numbers.
Notes: Must show the following console output
• Status of the barber, clients and cashier when any state changes occur.
• Number of customers at all points, 1 second intervals, (waiting, cutting, sleeping, cashing out, leaving, entering
• When the barber is asleep. (state change awake/sleep sleep/awake)
• When the cashier is asleep. (state change awake/sleep sleep/awake)
• When the chairs are full. (customer turned away, except in the case of priority customers)
• The number of customers waiting to pay
• When a customer enters or leaves the shop
• Total time for each customer from entry to exit
• Priority customers must be marked as such
• Queue length
• Number of customers standing and sitting
include the following also
diagrams and descriptions:
1) Sequence Diagram
2) Class Diagram
3) State Diagram
4) Data Flow Diagram
5) Collaborations and class responsibilities
30 freelancers are bidding on average $159 for this job
Hello, I'm a native English speaker with extensive technical experience. I have a degree in Comp Sci and have worked in the industry on lots of Java projects. I can get it done in a few days max.
I Have more than 6 years experience in java technology.I Have develop many applications in java.i will Show u the demos which u [url removed, login to view] me a chance