Please only apply if you are an independent freelancer!
As part of the Engineering team, you will help us scale our webshop, logistics middleware and connected internal services as one self-healing and auto-scaling platform to a continuously growing demand of online art buyers. We are a small team of professional engineers, each an expert in their field but all-rounders at heart. You will get the opportunity to deep-dive into functional programming, AWS, and scalable system design every day. Moreover, our internal training and development program ensures that you continuously improve your technical and soft skills.
- Deliver best-in-class modular and reusable Scala code to help us horizontally scale our platform and development process
- Be open to touch backend code as well as frontend without batting an eyelid.
- Sharing your knowledge of functional programming, design patterns and pragmatic problem solving to let us learn and grow as a team
- Continuously identifying and optimizing bottlenecks on the platform
- Pragmatically applying test-driven development/writing integration tests/own our continuous integration platform
- Writing performant code for other engineers to read - not for the compiler
- Understanding agile methodologies and best practices to the process
- We live in YBIYRI. We love ownership.
- Proven track record of successfully implemented engineering projects
- 3+ years JVM platform experience
- Open for learning new technologies
- Passion for functional programming
- Strong SQL database experience
- The Elastic Search experience is a plus
- Experience with test driven development (continuous integration)
- Agile methodology experience
- Passionate troubleshooter and quick thinker, resilient and able to assess risks
- Love the challenge of making complex things simple
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and learning every day