We would like this hierarchy of categories and performers to be represented graphically in the form of a "Mind Map" (AKA "brain storm"). The user should be able to interact with the Mind Map to traverse the category hierarchy and Like / Dislike categories.
The project consists of two parts:
Part 1: Graphical design
This involves producing graphical mock-ups for a few sample states of the Mind Map.
* Each state should display the currently selected category in the centre along with it's associated descendant categories and performers where relevant.
* "Breadcrumbs" should be displayed which depict the ancestors of the currently selected category
* Category nodes should be coloured to indicate whether the user Likes or Dislikes the category
* Icons (e.g. thumbs up / thumbs down) should be associated with all category nodes to allow the user to Like / Dislike them (these icons should always be displayed for the central category, but only on mouse over for all other categories).
* The central category node should additionally have a "more" button associated to allow the user to cycle through additional sub-categories of this category which don't fit on the screen
Part 2: User interaction & transition animations
The user needs to be able to interact with the Mind Map in the following ways:
* Traverse up/down the category hierarchy (by clicking on a category node)
* Like / Dislike a category (by clicking on the thumbs up / thumbs down for a category.
* Display more sub-categories for currently selected category (by clicking on "More" button associated with central category).
Each of these interactions should trigger a nicely animated transition to the new state.
Have a look at [url removed, login to view] for an example of the concept we're after. Sample data and more specific information about how the Mind Map should look, the functionality it needs to support & the animations between states will be provided once a freelancer has been chosen. Payment will be made upon reaching the following 3 milestones:
* Beginning of the project
* Completion of Part 1
* Completion of the project