create parses for gmail, hotmail, and yahoo mail
The goal of this project is to be able to allow a user on our site to easily invite their friends to the site. they will enter their login and password to their web mail account (gmail, yahoo, or hotmail) and the program should scrape the first names, last names, and emails of the account and give the the user the option of inviting them.
(just like Bebo, Friendster Doostang, and others do)
very important that we do not save the password information as that is confidential. and we will be asking permission first before we log in to their account and then before sending their friends invites.
Given a login, password, and email client version (gmail, yahoo, or hotmail), the script would access the user's email client, login, then scrape the first name, last name, and email address of all the contacts in their addressbook. The bulk of the work will be implementing HTML scraping for each email client. Once the information has been scraped out of the web page, it needs to be stored in an array or hash table. Typically the method called would collect the information and return an array or hash table as the return value.
This object can then be accessed by other code in the application.
The lookup and screen scraping needs to be very fast as it will be invoked in a live application.
This project is part of an extension to a current Ruby on Rails project. It needs to be fully compatible with the Ruby on Rails framework. The idea is to add this code in the lib directory of the project and have it accessible from other parts of the application.
needs to work well in all browsers and operating systems
Ruby on Rails. Linux.
- 1 or more ruby class files that implement HTML scraping and extracting contact information from gmail, hotmail, or yahoo email clients.
- the code needs to integrate easily into an existing Ruby on Rails project (1.1.4). Most likely in the lib directory.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Bu iş için 4 freelancer ortalamada $225 teklif veriyor
I use messenger and/or email to keep in contact and update daily and I can have this project done within 8 days. This is simple work. I hope to start work soon. Bid inclues free 6 month support. I have researched t Daha Fazla
i believe i can do this, but i have some questions. my email is if we can talk, thanks.