We are a startup seeking a small team or a strong individual contractor who is extremely familiar with writing Chrome browser extensions to significantly enhance the Chrome extension we have written. If you have the skills below, or know people who do, please pass this advertisement to them.
Overall goal: We are working with Slack (e.g. [login to view URL]), and are developing a Chrome extension to translate the instant messages sent by Slack users from one language to another (e.g., English to French) in real-time. Other translation capabilities may also be possible. We have created a Chrome extension that partially does this but we need to considerably expand its capabilities and handle some other Slack features.
Required skills: The following skills are required for this job.
- Strong experience with parsing HTTP and websocket requests and responses within websites. You will be intercepting Slack requests and responses and modifying HTML.
- Familiarity with Chrome Native Messaging communications, which our extension also utilizes.
- Good experience building Chrome extensions. This includes the ability to package a Chrome extension and place it into the Chrome store and other popular download sites.
- Comfort with the Windows Operating System.
- We have a strong preference for a small team or a good individual developer in the New York City metropolitan area. Nevertheless, we will also consider people from North America, e.g. US and Canada, as well.
- You must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with our startup as we have several patents around the associated technology.
*Removed by Admin*