Here is what I need:
- Build a Simple NodeJs Project (not an app, just a script: [login to view URL] + dependencies, etc.)
- The script will be used from a Mac Terminal, with already installed NodeJs and npm
- The script should call Google's Cloud Speech To Text API
- It should send Audio to the API, and receive the transcript for that audio
- You can use this boilerplate code [login to view URL] (Transcribing long audio files)
- Note: The transcription should go to a local file (Json or text) instead of just appearing on the Console. That file should have the same name as the source audio file. (for example [login to view URL] --> [login to view URL] or [login to view URL])
- Apparently, the API can't process MP3 files directly? (see: [login to view URL])
- I actually need the script to process mp3 files, not other formats.
- If you find out that the script indeed CAN'T process Mp3 files, then please find a method inside NodeJs to convert the MP3 to a supported format for the API (probably flac.) Maybe something like this: [login to view URL]
THE FINAL RESULT:
I should end up with an [login to view URL] file where I edit just a few variable:
- API Key or Path to Service Account Access Key File
- LOCAL path to the mp3 file
When I run that node script, it should produce the transcription in the local directory.
Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'm open to discussing/expanding the project if it's necessary.
Hi! I'd like to take on your project with regards to making Nodejs script. As I understand you'll need a way to have [login to view URL] to have a transcript.