• Secure Instant Point-to-Point (P2P) Messaging
• In this project, you need to design a secure
instant messaging tool for Alice and Bob (like
Gtalk, skype or ICQ chat). The system supports
the following functions
– Alice and Bob can use the tool to send instant
messages to each other.
Alice and Bob share the same password (or
passphrase), they must use the password to set up
the tool to correctly encrypt and decrypt
messages shared between each other.
– Each message during Internet transmission must
be encrypted using a 56-bit key.
You can use any computer language (Java,
C++, Python) and leverage any existing opensource
software, tools, or commands (e.g.,
md5sum, sha1sum) to design the system.
• With a 56-bit key, what cipher you should use?
• DO NOT directly use the password as the key,
how can you generate the same key between
Alice and Bob to encrypt messages?
• What will be used for padding?
A graphical user interface (GUI) is preferred.
– Display ciphertext and plaintext
• How should Alice and Bob set up an initial
connection and also maintain the connection
with each other on the Internet?
– You may refer to socket/network programming in
a particular computer language
• Design a key management mechanism to
periodically update the key used between
Alice and Bob. Justify why the design can
Bu iş için 5 freelancer ortalamada $99 teklif veriyor
Hi, Nice project you have there, let us help you with it! Our team is Russian-Canadian. We code in PHP. Check our recent projects here [login to view URL] Here’s a little video about our team too! ht Daha Fazla
I am very proficient in c and c++. I have 16 years c++ developing experience now, and have worked for more than 7 years. My work is online game developing, and mainly focus on server side, using c++ under Linux environ Daha Fazla
Hello there, I have read the description very precisely and for that I would like to utilize my interpersonal skills and years of experience to get this project done in a mean time as well as in a reasonable budget. Daha Fazla