PROJECT: Speed up load time on a CUSTOMIZED JA Nickel Joomla template from 10.48 on a T1 [url removed, login to view] to 3 seconds (or better) at this connection rate.
The results I am looking for are similar to this optimization example done on a JA Purity Joomla template see: [url removed, login to view] This example uses compression and minification of CSS / JS files and turning on Gzip and Cache within Joomla admin. Potentially this project may not require much more than putting on two settings, and using compression tools like Minify and SmartOptimizer.
If the fast and easy steps above are not enough to achieve necessary load times, than manual tweaking steps will be needed. This URL [url removed, login to view], gives instructions on how to improve further, and gives the manual tweaking steps (1 to 8) that should be followed.
I want work done on a test server. All site functionality and display must remain working, so affects of optimization on test server needs to be tested fully. Once approved on test server, the selected provider will ensure that everything works on live server as well.
- Optimize website performance to 3 seconds on a T1 [url removed, login to view] (or better), show on test server and again on live server
- Document all work done and list improvements made.
- Report improvements through [url removed, login to view] tool
- Test site after optimization AND ensure site functions, renders, keeps all content and search engine friendly URLs completely the same as before optimization.
- The host server has gzip enabled.
- Info about gzip: [url removed, login to view]
- There are Joomla site performance plugins that will automate some manual improvements and may make it faster / easier to optimize the site see: [url removed, login to view]
- Test optimization effectiveness using tool: [url removed, login to view]
- Verify gZip compression: [url removed, login to view]
- The JA Compress Plugin see: [url removed, login to view]
- See un-customized template here: [url removed, login to view]