The attached demo combines a drag&drop Jquery-File-Upload library with CKeditor. You can drag and drop files, they are uploaded to the server via backend (php backend included) and then the image link is inserted into CKeditor.
1. Turn the code and includes into a clean library that can be implemented throughout our site
2. Turn settings into central config variables: allowed types, sever path, image URL
3. Insert images to CKeditor cleanly (rather than adding)
4. Non-image files: Insert a link to the file with the file name to CKeditor (eg zip file attachments)
5. All image and non-image files added to list under editor with link to file on server
6. URLs also added to a list in a hidden variable that is submitted with the form
7. Override CKeditor drag and drop, send files to upload script instead and insert URL into CKeditor instead
References for the two libraries
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]!/api
The SWF file is a video. Please download then drag into your browser to view.