The distro must have:
1. Boot directly from a CD *not* using 2.88 floppy emulation mode.
2. Total size around 5 megs maximum, using BusyBox/uClibc.
3. Full read-write support for FAT32 and NTFS (ntfs-3g) file systems.
4. Support for all IDE (SATA, PATA) and SCSI devices fully supported (not
experimental) by Linux.
5. Support for all RAID devices fully supported (not experimental) by Linux.
6. Support for framebuffer devices.
7. Support for mouse and keyboard (including USB mouses and keyboards).
8. A graphical boot process.
9. Support for machines with as little as 128 megs of RAM, possibly using modules to reduce the kernel size.
10. Come with a minimum set of file system utilities, including mount/umount.
The winner must provide detailed instructions on how to:
1. Compile the kernel using a freely available Linux distro (e.g. Fedora).
2. Customize the boot process to automatically run a shell script (ash from
BusyBox) as root without requiring login.
3. Compile C programs that will run on the distro (cross-compilation, linking to uClibc).
4. Customize the image and texts shown during the boot process.
5. Build a bootable ISO image with all customizations built-in.
Half payment will be made upon delivery of an working distro as an ISO image. The other half will be made after the distro is tested for the requirements above.
The winner must also grant full rights over the created distro to me.
Bu iş için 10 freelancer ortalamada $758 teklif veriyor
Can give you a CD bootable Linux distro that uses busybox and all the components that you have asked for but it will certainly be over 5 mb. Practically impossible to have all the hardware support, NTFS and a GUI and s Daha Fazla
Looks like a nice job. Please clarify the graphical boot process, what exactly do you expect it to do? Just display progress?
This task is very interesting for me. I'll try to solve your problem, but not quickly.