Applescript for scanning and saving documents
The purpose of this script is to automate the process of scanning documents and saving them in appropriate folders.
After documents are scanned, the script begins.
1. Activate the Preview app
2. Open [url removed, login to view] from Macintosh HD/Users/jrpatric/Dropbox/Scans Inbox
3. [url removed, login to view] opens in Preview
4. Select thumbnail view (option-command-2)
5. Display a dialog box and say “Select page or pages to be saved\"
6. User selects document page or pages and presses “Continue” button
7. If just one page is selected, select File, then Print
8. From the PDF menu in the print dialog, select Save as PDF
9. Go to # 13
10. If more than one document is selected, select File, then Print
11. From the PDF menu in the print dialog, select radio button “Selected Pages in Sidebar\"
12. Select Save as PDF
13. Display a dialog box and say “Enter file name” and then button “Continue or Finished\"
14. If Continue then delete page or pages selected in sidebar and go to # 5
15. If Finished then close Preview
16. Activate the Finder app
17. Display contents of folder Macintosh HD/Users/jrpatric/Dropbox/Scans Inbox
18. Exit script