We are looking for someone to build 6x DTMF Tone Generators.
The device will be used to make on screen selections and to make calls using a video conferencing system. The video conferencing system's microphone which sits on the desk in front of its users must be able to hear and recognise the tones generated by this device. The DTMF tone generator will be positioned on the desk within 15cm of the microphone.
Our current solution is holding an iPhone next to the microphone and using the iPhone keypad to generate the DTMF tones.
The unit must meet the following criteria:
- Battery Powered (9V, AA, or AAA)
- Must have an on/off switch
- Must be able to produce audible tones, i.e. must contain a speaker
- Have a simple functional keypad to activate tones (similar to telephone keypad)
- Generate tones for numbers 1-9, 0, *, and # using the standard DTMF keypad frequencies
- Fully enclosed, with simple access to battery compartment.
- Dimensions under 15cm Wide x 15cm Long x 10cm Height
Attached is an example image of how we envision the completed unit to appear.